Quantity: 3 available
The reputation of a college or institution depends upon the integrity of its faculty and administration. Though budgets are important, ethics are vital, and a host of new ethical problems now beset higher education. From MOOCS and intellectual property rights to drug industry payments and conflicts of interest, this book offers AAUP policy language and best practices to deal with all the campus-wide challenges of today's corporate university:
- Preserving the integrity of research and public respect for higher education
- Eliminating and managing individual and institutional financial conflicts of interest
- Maintaining unbiased hiring and recruitment policies
- Establishing grievance procedures and due process rights for faculty, graduate students, and academic professionals
- Mastering the complications of negotiations over patents and copyright
- Assuring the ethics of research involving human subjects.
In a time of dynamic change "Recommended Principles to Guide Academy-Industry Relationships "offers an indispensable and authoritative guide to sustaining integrity and tradition while achieving great things in twenty-first century academia.
Title: Recommended Principles to Guide Academy-Industry Relationships
Publisher: American Association of Univ. Professors:
ISBN Number: 025203824X
ISBN Number 13: 9780252038242
Book Condition: Very Good
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: Z025203824XZ2
Description: 025203824X Crisp, clean, unread hardcover with light shelfwear, missing dust jacket and a publisher's mark to one edge - Nice!